Version 2.5 Enhancements
Software Enhancements this Release
If you want to maximize your efficiency of ShopKey5.com, check out the new training videos for the product. Each video gives a concise overview of product navigation and helpful hints, so you will be able to find information faster within ShopKey5.com.
- Repair Overview - Learn about product navigation
such as selecting a vehicle and review article tools
and options available for viewing and printing. Step-by-step
repair procedures including graphics, wiring diagrams
- Using Search - The Search function compliments
the category approach by allowing users to find data
using keywords. It also uses "smart search"
to ensure accurate results regardless of terminology.
- Estimator / Quote Screens - Build estimates
with the industry standard labor database from 1974-2006
and OEM parts. Quote screen provides a simple work
area for those not currently using our full shop management
- TSBs / Recalls - Provides access to vehicle
mfg. Technical Service Bulletins, allowing shops to
quickly pinpoint causes for unusual vehicle complaints.
Factory Recalls campaign information is also included
and updated monthly.
- Maintenance / Fluids - Handy access to
detailed Scheduled Services with labor times included
(1990-up) in Normal, Severe and now Indicator Services
on newer vehicles. Fluid specifications and capacities
are also found here.
Category Titles (Including quick look-ups)
With the latest release of ShopKey5.com, we’ve brought the most commonly accessed information forward so that you can easily look-up DTC codes, specifications, procedures, and wiring diagrams
- Common Specifications and Procedures Index – ShopKey5 pulls together the most frequently accessed information in one brief index. Information includes engine specifications, firing order, spark plug type and gap, wheel alignment, belt routing, and etc.
- DTC Index (Trouble Codes) – ShopKey5 provides a complete list of all DTC codes (trouble codes) for every OBD-II vehicle. All codes are numerically ordered to provide an easy look-up when code information is needed. Along with the codes description, the index contains a link to the trouble shooting information to help diagnose the source of the problem.
Go Back Navigation Links
ShopKey5.com makes it easy to jump to associated information by following hyperlinks. In this release, we’ve updated the backwards navigation links to allow for easier access to your previous article. Look for the “Go Back” links just above the articles to navigate backwards to the original article.
Look to the ShopKey5 newsletter for the latest Automotive Industry news, featured OnDemand Live Tips, and featured ShopKey5 shops. We’ll update the newspaper regularly, so check back for the latest ShopKey5 communications.
At ShopKey5, we’ve been building our automotive library for over 50 years. You have access to all of ShopKey5’s vintage information by clicking the vintage link within ShopKey5.com. This includes wiring diagrams, engine performance articles, and more back to 1960.
ShopKey5.com now includes a conversion calculator. Quickly convert between metric and imperial measurement systems. This includes conversions for length, area, volume, weight, work, pressure, and temperature.
Archived Enhancement Lists:
v.1.1 | v.1.2
v.1.3| v.1.4 | v.1.5 | v.1.6| v.1.7 | v.1.8 | v.2.0| v.2.2| v.2.3